Events – FAQs
- Can you please tell me more about yourself and how long you have been in the business?
My name is Rachael and I have been doing photography for a little over 5 years now. I consider myself a budget friendly photographer who can offer quality photos for an affordable price. I am located in south central PA but service events all over the tri-state area and beyond.
- What types of events do you service?
My event photography can cover just about any special occasion or event you like including family reunions, birthday parties (adult and children) bachelor/bacheorette, bridal showers, baby showers, engagement parties, anniversary parties, prom, graduation, holiday parties, consumer parties (jamberry, 31, scensty,) office parties, club events and all other special occasions. If you are looking for wedding coverage, please see the Wedding photography packages and FAQs Notes.
- What is required to book service for my event?
In order to book your event date for service, I require a $100 non-refundable retainer fee and a signed contract. The remaining balance is due at least 14 days prior to the event.
- Do you charge a travel fee?
I do charge a nominal travel fee of .50 per mile round trip to all sessions and events that take place outside of Chambersburg Pa which covers my gas, time, childcare expenses and vehicle wear. In some cases of extended travel, I may require accommodations or other travel expenses to be provided by the client. Please contact me for a more personalized consultation on the travel to your event. I will be happy to calculate an estimate for you.
- What do you capture and cover in an event package?
Depending on the type of event and duration of time included with your package, I am generally trying to capture everything and anything that made this event significant & special including but not limited to: The event guests and guest of honor (if there is one), decorations, favors, catering, gifts, venue, and any festivities or activities that happen during the time of coverage or special requests to mark the significance of the event.
- How does your billing & payments work?
A $100 non refundable retainer is required to book and hold your date for service. I can not guarantee dates or pricing without a paid retainer and signed contract in place. Your remaining balance is due in full no later than 14 days prior to the event date. Your due date will be listed on the invoice & contract.
- What if I wish to cancel my contract?
In the unfortunate circumstance that you need to cancel service for the event, the cancellation policy is as follows:
Cancellations more than 14 days from the event date
- Client shall forfeit the $100.00 non-refundable retainer but shall have any additional payments returned to them within 30 days of the notice to cancel and/or released from any remaining contract balance.
- Client will be sent a cancellation agreement form that releases both the client and photographer from all other terms and obligations outlined in original contract agreement and the date will be re-opened for booking
- Cancellations less than 14 days from the event date
- Cancellations less than 14 days from the event, or failure to pay by contracted due date are considered a breach of contract and will result in the entire contract balance becoming non-refundable to offset the liquidated damages suffered as a result of a short notice cancellation.
- The Client will receive a cancellation agreement form and invoice for the remaining contract amount due.
- The date will be re-opened for booking. Where the photographer is able to re-book the date with an equivalent booking, then the cancellation fee may be reduced to the non-refundable retainer only.
- Rachael Mizzer Photography will be released from all terms and obligations and will not be required to service event.
- Client assumes responsibility for all collection costs and legal fees incurred by the photographer should enforcement of the contract become necessary. Client agrees to pay any returned check fees in the event of a returned check.
- Event Postponement
- Client agrees to provide notification of postponement in writing
- Client must still pay entire contract balance due no later than 14 days before ORIGINAL event date.
- Client agrees to select a new date with Rachael Mizzer Photography and sign a new contract. The new date must take place within 12 months of the original date and is subject to the availability of Rachael Mizzer Photography.
- The client may not downgrade their chosen package or use paid balance as credit towards any other photography services.
- Rachael Mizzer Photography will honor the package, price and credit the balance paid towards 1 postponement only. Further postponements will be considered a cancellation and are non-refundable unless the photographer is able to secure equivalent bookings for BOTH dates. Although package & price shall be honored, client agrees that a new contract may be subject to changes in general contract terms and conditions.
- Can I just pay you to stay longer if I need additional coverage?
In the event that I have no other sessions or plans that conflict with me providing additional coverage to your event, and my childcare services can be extended, then I will always do my best to accommodate on-the-spot requests to stay at a rate of $60 per 30 minutes. However, I recommend booking the right package for your needs in advance as there may be some cases where I am unable to accommodate a last minute request.
- What Happens if you are sick? Do you have a back up photographer to cover for you?
In the unlikely event I am ill to the point of not being able to service your event or a serious emergency arises, two things are going to happen. #1 If I am able, I am going to assist you in finding a replacement photographer who has a similar style and pricing to mine. I am a member of several local photography club & groups and therefore have connections to reach out to hundreds of photographers who could possibly take on the job in my place. #2 I will refund in in full. I unfortunately do not employ another photographer at my disposal nor can I guarantee a replacement photographer to you. I can only guarantee my absolute best in assisting you in finding one but shall have no further liability in an emergency event.
- What happens if you are late or unable to fulfill part of the contract?
In any circumstances in which I am late or only able to fulfill part of the contract agreement, I will discuss, assess and resolve such matters on a case by case basis to offset any loss for the client. The results would depend on the situation, and how much of the agreement could not be fulfilled to your satisfaction.
- Do you provide an assistant or second shooter?
The package prices reflect myself as the primary and exclusive photographer for the event. In some cases I am able to employ a second shooter by request. Please contact me in advance to request a second shooter.
- I have some ideas for the photos, can we use my ideas?
YES! Bring on the pinterest and the photos and ideas that inspired you. The more I know about what you are wanting to achieve, the better I can deliver those results. I will always be honest with you and tell you if I think a specific ideal is unattainable and the reasons why. I will contact you within the week of the event to go over a photo check list and discuss any requests or ideas you have. Please make sure to communicate all ideas to me before the day of the event so I am prepared to execute them.
- Do you provide any props?
Props in event photography is a huge trend right now and I am slowly building my prop collection to suit a variety of possible themes and styles I may encounter. Please advise me of your theme or event colors so that I can select the right props to bring along for your portraits. If there is something specific you had in mind and I do not have it, I may find it to be a good investment to find and purchase it. If its something I do not see myself using again, I may require the client purchase it if they really wish to use it in the photos for the day in which case you would keep it afterwards.
- Do you provide any additional services like videography or photobooths?
At this time I do not currently offer videography or photoshoots with my services. They are strictly photography services. I can, however, assist in finding recommendations for such services by request.
- Can we also get formal posed portraits during our event?
During events, it is possible to do some groupings and posing for portraits. We just can’t get the same results as an actual portrait session because of the time and focus it would take away from your event and guests to do so. You can always book a package you feel will allow for additional time before or after the event for portraits to take place. You are also welcome to contact me for a custom package as well.
- My buddy/family member is also a photographer, is it ok if they shadow you for the day and/or take photos as well?
Event guests are welcome to take photos for their personal enjoyment as much as they like so long as they do not interfere with my ability to provide the services I was hired for. However depending on the nature of the event, you may prefer for guests to be fully present and enjoying the festivities. That is certainly your call as the host. However I must ask that there is no secondary professional photography taking place at the event. Professional is defined as anyone with the intent or the ability to use the images for their own business or commercial purposes. As much as I would never want to stifle the passion of a fellow photographer, professionals within the industry understand the importance of exclusivity for the events we are hired to photograph.
- How do I get my photos? Do you offer prints/albums?
– All packages include fully edited high-res digital images either on a flash drive along with print release that allows you to print, share and publish your photos as much as you like. I do not at this time offer prints so any print costs, quality and choices are completely at your discretion. The good news is though, this means you do not have to return to me over and over for lengthy print selections and print orders. You will be able to print and share at your leisure.
- Can I have all my photos including the unedited ones?
Part of the creative process and service of professional photography is the sorting, selecting and editing of your final images so that only the very best are delivered to you. As per industry standard, I do not ever give unedited images in the final product as that would be comparable to a baker providing a client the raw ingredients for a cake. I want your images to be the best cake you have ever tasted!
- Can I have the copyrights to my photos?
As per photography industry standard and federal copyright law, the photographer is the owner of all copyrights to the image as it is considered a creative art form like painting or writing music. However, you do not need the copyrights to enjoy your images. With your images you will receive all reasonable personal use and print rights such as printing, emailing, social media, sharing with loved ones etc. The copyright just protects the images from being sold, altered, entered into contests or used for marketing and profit without my consent. You will still be able to fully enjoy your images without ever needing a copyright.
- What Happens if I do not like my photos?
Please be sure to carefully look over my portfolio in advance as it is a representation of my brand and shooting style. This should help you determine rather my approach and body of work is fit for your needs. As you will find looking over my portfolio, I do not have a signature brand or style and I allow the styles and stories of my clients resonate in the final editing process. I am proud to work with all clients on creative input for their images. However, In the unlikely event you are unhappy with the final results, I can discuss, assess and resolve such matters on a case by case basis.
- How long will it take for my photos to be completed?
The completion turn around time varies according to package. Your estimated completion time will be listed in your contract agreement.